If you want to improve your email marketing campaigns, one of the key factors that you should consider are anti-spam filters. In this article we explain how to adapt your campaigns to avoid falling into them.
Anti-spam filters are your main enemy in an email marketing campaign. These mechanisms are activated by detecting an email that they identify as unwanted. Then, instead of directing it to your inbox, they send it to your spam folder. In this way, the chances that you, as a receiver, get to read it are practically non-existent.
An email can be considered spam for many reasons. Among them are that the sender is unknown, that its content is advertising or not secure, that you have not requested its shipment or that it has been sent to a large number of recipients in block. When this happens, the digital marketing campaign in which we include that email gets a much lower reach than desired.
Who activates the filters against spam?
It is the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that introduce obstacles to prevent email owners from being victims of spammers. For this they establish a series of filters that hinder this type of unwanted shipments. But at the same time, these can also harm you as a digital marketing professional by increasing difficulties in getting your email marketing campaigns to the recipients.
How to avoid spam filters in your email marketing campaigns
If you want your marketing campaigns to pass the spam filters and arrive directly to the inboxes of your clients or potential clients, here are some tips you should follow in your emails:
- Use a recognizable sender name.
- Write an informative and clear mail subject.
- Update your mailing list periodically.
- Remove from the list of recipients those that are no longer active.
- Test your emails before sending them.
- Choose a reliable email provider.
- Request a double confirmation from the recipient authorizing you to send campaigns.
- Avoid using words too many times as free, offer or sales.
- Optimize the use of colors and avoid using many different fonts in the same email.
- Reduce the resolution of the images so that they do not occupy too much memory.
- It includes an easy withdrawal process for the recipient.
- Use a clean html and plain text.
- Do not make spelling or grammar mistakes.
- Avoid attachments.
- Avoid embedding forms.
Is email marketing prohibited?
In Spain, Law 34/2002, of July 11, on services of the information society and electronic commerce (LSSI) includes the express prohibition of junk mail. Another law and other regulation of reference in this matter are Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
According to some studies, only 79% of emails sent in online marketing campaigns reach subscribers inboxes. Therefore, if you want to succeed in your email marketing campaigns, avoid anti-spam filters with the tips you just read. And if you want to make your campaigns even more profitable, have digital marketing professionals in Mataró like us.
Call us and we will make your goals come true!